We are justifiably very proud of our children’s services. Our families tell us that our support makes a real difference to the lives of the children and to the rest of the family.
We can support in many different ways:
- ‘One to one’ (or where necessary two to one) sessions, where a child is matched with a caring and enthusiastic individual, suited to his or her interests and goals. The staff member sees the child regularly, at a time suitable to him or her and their family and supports him or her to participate in enjoyable (and sometimes useful!) activities, such as swimming, bowling, shopping or going to the cinema.
- Support for a child or children in the family home, alongside mum and / or dad, in everyday activities such as getting up and ready for school or settling down to bed.
- Group activities, where a child takes part in indoor and/or outdoor activities in a variety of locations along with other children of a similar age and range of interest. We have a separate ‘teen zone’ at one of our clubs and we’re developing our own computer game platform!
- Awaydays and trips further afield - including the ‘usual suspects’ of the always popular Alton Towers and Cadbury World but also the more ‘off the wall’ locations such as ‘Closer to the Edge’ at Markeaton Park
- Residential stays are also available, at our holiday home The Lodge (see the separate page for details of the accommodation), supported by our staff for short or longer stays.